How can you get involved with the Economic Development strand?
Contact Tim Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackson County’s diverse economy and innovative economic development efforts ensure continued growth and vibrancy within the local, regional, state, and global marketplace.
Economic Workforce & Development
Jackson County is a partnership of self-sustaining people with shared values where residents peacefully co-exist and participate in a vibrant community. Jackson County strives to provide prompt professional emergency services and access to the criminal justice system without delays and barriers.
GoalTo review, prioritize and support implementation of the Jackson County Economic Development Strategic Plan (JCEDSP) Recommendations
Measurements of Success for the GoalProgress in implementing the various recommendations coupled with review of key economic indicators.
- Select Economic Development Coordinating Council
- Continue Business Retention/Expansion effort focused on existing base Industry Cluster Sectors; Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Agriculture, IT, and Education
- Support creation of easily accessible, timely, accurate and relevant data to assist business attraction efforts
- Collaborate with community and Industry Cluster Sectors to create a “Culture of Education” that provides an educated and skilled workforce, meeting the needs of the business community
- Maintain or improve public services that support Economic Development including; Airport, Community Development, Land Assembly, Recreation & Parks, Corridor Improvement, Road infrastructure, Brownfield properties, Work Force Development*, Zoning/Permitting and others